1. Only owners of Rocha Brava properties can see most of the discussions so if you've already registered, log-in now, and if you're an RB owner, but haven't registered, why not?

Ponto de Encontro

Discussion in 'Local restaurants' started by TomG, Jan 16, 2015.

1. TomG

TomG Owner

Rumour has it that Paulo, formerly of Casa Algarvia, has now taken this restaurant over.
    If that is the case it should be good and I wish him well and will look forward to going
    there next time we are over in March. At least the car parking should not be a problem.
    It is situated on the ADM residential area, so not far from RB.

StromGunner likes this.
  2. TomG

TomG Owner

Following on from my previous post I guess many of you have already been
    there and it is really excellent.

The menu is exactly as it always was at Casa Algarvia with all the usual
    favourites. The new restaurant is well furnished and comfortable. There is
    a good seating area outside. Both Paulo and Alfonso provide a warm welcome
    and excellent service. We ate there several times and found the food to be as
    good as ever and reasonably priced. The lunch menu at 9 Euros for a full 3 course
    meal is just outstanding and includes wine and coffee.

3. perenom

perenom Owner

Thank you Tom, a great recommendation. As well as a very inexpensive lunch menu with a choice of 5-6 mains they also vary on a daily basis. Service is fast and friendly and quality on our two lunches and one evening meal faultless. Credit cards also welcome.

4. TomG

TomG Owner

My pleasure. Looking forward to going there again when we are out next month.

5. TomG

TomG Owner

This lovely little restaurant seems to be getting more popular by the week. We took 3 groups of friends there over our recent holiday and they all said they will be going back and introducing other people.

6. Peter Calver

Peter Calver Owner & Forum Administrator

The fixed price lunch menu is pretty good value, and on Sundays they often have goat ('Kid in the Oven') which is a favourite of mine.

7. TomG

TomG Owner

Good to know they are still doing well. Due to unforeseen circumstances we have not been there for a while but will certainly be going again next time we are out. Hopefully not before too long.