1. Only owners of Rocha Brava properties can see most of the discussions so if you've already registered, log-in now, and if you're an RB owner, but haven't registered, why not?

Bar Tropical - Helder's

Discussion in 'Local restaurants' started by TomG, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TomG

TomG Owner

Just back from two weeks at RB and were disappointed to find this closed. However we met Helder just before we returned home and he explained that he was improving the kitchen facilities and turning the games room into more of a restaurant area and will be offering a slightly enhanced menu. He hopes to re-open soon.

2. Simon B

Simon B Owner

The Tripadvisor reviews since the reopening are encouraging. Looking forward to a meal before watching the Euros in a few weeks. Surprised the Joker bar stays open next door. Used to go for the WiFi but not needed mainly now when RB ok.

3. TomG

TomG Owner

Yes, some years ago now the Joker bar used to be a thriving and popular venue. Don't know what has happened. Much the same can be said about Algarve 2000. The last time I went there I had the most appalling burger and George, the owner, had a bad attack of 'Tourets' so I felt that it was a combination I could well do without and have never been back.

4. Simon B

Simon B Owner

Just come back from Rocha Brava and visited Helders a few times. The restaurant seems to be doing well and looks good. Menu usual local fare and reasonable. Enjoyed watching the cricket and the football. The owner told me there was an Owners discount. I went to Reception and got a card and a list but Helders was not on it. This discount was unknown to all I asked though Reception said it was in their newsletter.

5. TomG

TomG Owner

We are coming out on the 6th September. Would somebody be very kind and ask Helder to get some tomato juice in. He will know who it is for! Thanks.

6. Simon B

Simon B Owner

You do get a 10% discount at Helders so great value